Monday, June 29, 2009

*sigh . . . *


I haven't slept in my own bed for 3 WEEKS!


Seriously, people -- isn't that sad?
I got home from Europe last Tuesday and still haven't slept in my own bed.

It's pitiful.

One of the GREATEST things about getting home from any trip is getting to sleep in your OWN BED.

No wondering. No worrying.

Just your OWN bed in your OWN room.
Complete. Utter. Bliss.

Before heading to Europe, I even put clean sheets on my bed so that when I came home I would have that added luxury.
(Girls, can we all agree that one of the most wonderful simple pleasures in life is getting into a bed with clean sheets and freshly shaven legs? Mmm . . . )

So then what happened?

RAIN

And what came of the rain?

FLOODING

And of COURSE it flooded my room.

But TONIGHT is the night. After sleeping the night in 7 countries and on 11 different surfaces, I'm finally on my way to my OWN bed!


Here's a list of where I've slept since last sleeping in my own bed:
June 7 -- Last time I slept in my own bed
June 9-10 -- NH Hotel in South Kensington, London, England
June 11-12 -- NH Hotel in Amsterdam, Netherlands
June 13 -- Apartment in Fussen, Germany
June 14-15 -- Marriott Renaissance in Munich, Germany
June 16 -- Apartment in Bad Mitterndorf, Austria
June 17 -- Hotel in Modling, Austria
June 18-20 -- Apartment in Paris, France
June 21-22 -- NH Hotel in Brussels, Belgium
June 23 -- Living Room couch
June 24-26 -- Alex's bed
June 27-28 -- Family Room couch
June 29, 2009 -- Clean sheets (check), shaved legs (check), own bed (check) . . .
BLISS!

1 comment:

Cody and Camille said...

Oh my, you are so funny! That stinks your room was flooded! It really is nice sleeping in familiar territory. I didn't even realize I was missing my bed until we got home this past week. It's simply the best!:)