Thursday, April 30, 2009

You Know Me . . .

You know me.

I'm the one who's been there
. . . from the start . . .

w a i t i n g

w o n d e r i n g

. . . like the song . . .
you know the one.

You sang it once
behind me in the doorway.

Does it surprise you?

I think that sometimes
you forget that I'm still there.
Sometimes you forget me

. . . on purpose . . .

But it doesn't matter
I won't leave

. . . unless I have to . . .

I'll always be your friend.
. . . always . . .

Sometimes
you draw me in.

I don't know why.

Do you?

Does my presence confuse you?

Yes,

It confuses me too.


But for now
. . . I'll stay . . . and I'll try . . .
but not too hard

Because I care
. . . too much . . .

Is that possible?
To care too much?

Your well-being is more important
than my own

. . . that much I know . . .
just as you know me.


Do I know you?

3 comments:

audrey said...

beautiful, jess! but i'm a little lost...who is this about?

Jessica Leigh said...

Ya know -- there are only a few people who might catch that . . . however, it really could apply for a couple other things as well . . . hmm . . . call me sometime, Audge -- maybe I'll fill you in ;)

Really though, it's just kinda what came out when I started typing the other night -- so I left it!

Devin and Kati said...

wow, did you write that in AP english?